Windows On Woodstock

Windows On Woodstock is my textile art studio in Santa Ynez, CA. It is a converted barn which sits high on a hill overlooking Woodstock Road and the Santa Ynez Valley. Within the 1500+ square feet I create art pieces from my hand dyed fabrics which I screen print, paint, stencil, otherwise embellish and stitch. My work ranges from representational to conceptual to abstract. Several series are incorporated into my body of work.



Belinda Hart

Windows On Woodstock



Monday, January 24, 2011

SERENITY III
This piece was recently finished. The quilting is rather intricate, with the wave at the
bottom left corner reminiscent of Hokusai or Hiroshige. The large "moon" and "gateway" are hand-dyed fabrics, and over-painted with copper metallic. The background is composed of commercial batiks. The binding changes color with the background color, and three of the sides have stepped borders. The shape is actually very well squared, even thought it doesn't appear to be in my photograph. I will try to post a good close-up of the stitching.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I love the colors in this interesting quilt! You have really done a great job on this quilt too! Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete