Windows On Woodstock

Windows On Woodstock is my textile art studio in Santa Ynez, CA. It is a converted barn which sits high on a hill overlooking Woodstock Road and the Santa Ynez Valley. Within the 1500+ square feet I create art pieces from my hand dyed fabrics which I screen print, paint, stencil, otherwise embellish and stitch. My work ranges from representational to conceptual to abstract. Several series are incorporated into my body of work.



Belinda Hart

Windows On Woodstock



Saturday, November 26, 2011

Lost and Found

I am having so much trouble with my new Photoshop Elements software. It will not allow me to save changes to a photo. In this case I cropped out the background
and I keep getting a message that says the change was unable to be saved--perhaps not enough disc space. Well, I have a huge capacity desktop, so I know
I have plenty of disc space. Yet each time I attempt to edit and save, I get the same photo with busy-ness in the background.
Oh well..."Lost and Found: Legend of the Red-Tailed Hawk" is a tribute to the Santa Ynez Valley. The hawks fly over the studio every day. This hawk photo was
printed on linen, and appliqued with interfacing behind it to give it dimension. The "found" feather was scanned onto silk organza. Monoliths were hand painted.
Mountains, sky were free-motion quilted. The petroglyphs, which we find here in the Valley, are indicative of the length of time the hawks have ruled the Valley.

2 comments:

  1. I love this quilt! I love the idea and love the way you executed it. I can see that you are using some the ideas and techniques you learned in that workshop. I like the way you put it all together to complete the story of the hawk. Nice Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time you have that problem, call me and maybe we can figure out what's happening. Pam from fibervision (email me for my number. Klebaumpp@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete