Windows On Woodstock

Windows On Woodstock is my textile art studio in Santa Ynez, CA. It is a converted barn which sits high on a hill overlooking Woodstock Road and the Santa Ynez Valley. Within the 1500+ square feet I create art pieces from my hand dyed fabrics which I screen print, paint, stencil, otherwise embellish and stitch. My work ranges from representational to conceptual to abstract. Several series are incorporated into my body of work.



Belinda Hart

Windows On Woodstock



Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Santa Ana Winds

I recently finished another piece in the series that I call "Celebration".  All of the Celebration works are pieced so that there is the feel of confetti or streamers running throughout.  This one is called Santa Ana Winds.  All of the fabrics in the piece are hand-dyed Kona cotton.  You can see the shibori "stripes" in the yellow and teal strips.  The background, which is a soft melon color is quilted using teal thread to knock back the color and give the piece a dustier look, much like you would expect when the Santa Anas blow through.  The blowing leaves are screen printed with metallic paints.  The entire piece is free motion quilted.

No comments:

Post a Comment